LITR is brainstorming ways of being intentional with our friends and neighbors this fall!
Read a few ideas and tips and leave your own in the comments!
- "Fall is a great time to hangout at cozy coffee shops and drink delicious beverages while sharing our hearts and what the Lord is doing in them. Sharing a meal together is a wonderful way to enjoy one another's company without having an agenda."
- "A couple years ago, our missional community hosted some international students from the local university for Thanksgiving dinner. many of them don't travel all the way home on that break and have never gotten to experience this holiday. Thanksgiving is a great time to show hospitality not only to family, friends, and neighbors, but also to those who may not have a place to go."
He said also to the man who had invited him, “When you give a dinner or a banquet, do not invite your friends or your brothers or your relatives or rich neighbors, lest they also invite you in return and you be repaid. But when you give a feast, invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind, and you will be blessed, because they cannot repay you. For you will be repaid at the resurrection of the just.”
Luke 14 : 12-14
- "Our church members come to our house for trick or treat to be intentional with our neighborhood in building relationships... We give out hot dogs & cider & candy with a church sticker, info etc...."
- ERIN H.
- I don't think we have to over-think it. Just something simple, like raking a neighbor's yard or bringing over some fresh bread or cookies could go a long way in serving others.
Walk in wisdom toward outsiders, making the best use of the time.
Colossians 4 : 5
- "We like to invite our neighbors and friends over for bonfires in the fall. It's a great way to connect with neighbors again before the LONGGG winter, where everyone is holed up in their homes. I use this time to find out how I can pray specifically for them and be there in their times of need. There are always needs if you are willing to reach out and be available, and pray for the opportunity to share Christ when you are serving."
Do not neglect to do good and to share what you have, for such sacrifices are pleasing to God.
Hebrews 13 : 16
How will you take advantage of the autumn season as a chance to get to know others better? How can you show Christ's love to neighbors and friends? Tell us below!
See You In The Round!
“Scripture quotations are from The Holy Bible, English Standard Version® (ESV®), copyright © 2001 by Crossway, a publishing ministry of Good News Publishers. Used by permission. All rights reserved."